Hello, my name is Chris Bishop, I'm an Information Security Consultant from Toronto, Canada. I love to read, play chess and learn new skills. I'm always tinkering on side projects in my spare time. My dream is to enter the world of Ethical Hacking, and I will be using 2021 to work towards obtaining even more cybersecurity knowledge. By the end of 2021 I hope to have my Security+ & eJPT certifications. Join me on my journey!
Bachelor of Science (Honours) from Ryerson University
Major in Computer Science, Minor in Entrepreneurship
Graduated in 2020, Dean's List (2019-2020)
Full-Stack Ruby on Rails Bootcamp from Bitmaker Labs
Graduated in 2015
Awarded in 2021 - View Certificate
Information Security Consultant @ CIBC
2019 - Present
- Led a team of 5 developers in our automation project
- Created various data models and worked on team metrics using SQL
- Worked on various integration's between our SOAR and tools like Active Directory, Exchange, ArcSight and Anomali
- Developed workflows and user interfaces using HTML & Jinja for our SOC Investigations Teams
- Created playbooks using Python to automate much of the workflow for the SOC Investigations teams saving them up to 10 minutes an investigation
- Wrote over 150 pages of developer document for training new hires in FortiSOAR, Python, SQL & web design
- Helped to plan sprints and projects with Project Managers
- Presented weekly project updates to Senior Leaders
Summer Internships @ CIBC
2019 - Information Security Coordinator
- Made scripts on FortiSOAR platform using Python & Jinja
- Automated with Python to interacted with tools such as ArcSight SIEM, Active Directory and Anomali.
- Led team of 18 students and presented a project for the SVP & CISO of Information Security
2018 - Information Security Coordinator & SWAT Coach
- Worked as an L2 Security Investigator in the SOC
- Selected as one of three SWAT coaches to mentor a team of students, helping them to prepare a project for various senior leaders of the bank including the CEO
2017 - Front-End Developer & SWAT Consultant
- Built a series of internal websites used by thousands of employees daily to encourage employee recognition and engagement
- Selected to be one of 15 SWAT Consultants to collaborate and present innovative ideas to senior leaders at the bank.
- Pitched our SWAT Team's ideas to the CEO, SEVP of Technology and SEVP of HR on numerous occasions.
University of Waterloo FinTech Conference
I spoke at the UW FinTech conference about my experience in Cybersecurity and gave advice on breaking into the field. I also took part in a panel QA for students who want to work in FinTech.
ASPIRE FinTech Student Panel Discussion
I represented CIBC on a panel with students from various fintech companies to discuss "How to Make the Most of Your Summer Internship" with a crowd of over 100 students.
Cybersecurity & Coding Outreach @ Bill Crothers Secondary School
2018 - Present
I perform yearly presentations at a local high school to help educate and inspire students to explore career opportunities in technology, software development, and cybersecurity. This includes showcasing the many opportunities available if one learns how to code, where to start that learning journey, and how much fun it can be!
Assistant Coach @ Women's Team Canada Floorball
2013 - 2016
As the assistant coach my role was to be a tactician. I planned all practices and provided constructive feedback for team and individual skill development.
Splunk Products (SIEM, UEBA, Phantom), ArcSight, FortiSOAR, TrendMicro Products (Deep Security & Apex Central), Proofpoint, Tanium, Nessus, Burp Suite, Metasploit, nmap, Hydra
Libraries & Frameworks
React, Vue, Node.js, Ruby on Rails, Ghost, Tailwind CSS
If you are interested in getting in touch you can send me a message or follow me on social media: